Written by Privacy & Data Security Team
On April 29, Alston & Bird’s Los Angeles office hosted a Privacy Program on Mobile Behavioral Tracking. Dominique Shelton of Alston & Bird moderated a panel that consisted of Alston & Bird attorneys Peter Swire and David Keating and industry professionals from the Office of the Attorney General, California Department of Justice, Ghostery Inc. and Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP. The panelists discussed new tools, opportunities & risks of mobile behavioral tracking, and text messaging campaign. The discussion included the benefits, and regulatory and litigation risks of using ad identifiers, unique device identifiers and other tools in mobile advertising and text messaging campaigns.
The panelists were:
- Peter Swire, Alston & Bird
- David Keating, Alston & Bird
- Dominique Shelton, Alston & Bird
- Joanne McNabb, Office of the Attorney General, California Department of Justice
- Todd Ruback, Ghostery Inc.
- Christine Reilly, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
To see a recording of the presentation, click here.